Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I ate Wednesday - Out of Town

This past weekend (well Sunday and Monday) I was out of town with my Mom.  One of the things I look forward to is eating at different restaurants.  We enjoy trying the places that are not the norm and not the chains.  Don't get me wrong, every once in a while I like going to a chain, but I would rather go out of the box.  So here it is what I ate out of town!!

 This was at 38 Degrees in Peterborough, Ontario

                                   Mediterranean Salad (They brought this to every one before their meal)

Pear Salad - Poached pears, strawberries, toasted almonds, goat cheese, and citrus vinaigrette

 Potato and Bacon Chowder                                            Fresh Bread with Lemon herb butter        
 (I am not a bacon eater but this was incredible)                Usually don't like butter but this was an exception

Pork tenderloin with Apple Raisin Chutney, roasted potatoes, and TONS of yummy veggies (squash, asparagus, green beans, carrots, zucchini)

Mahi Mahi with a delicious sauce (can't remember what it was) with basmati rice and veggies 


Sunset Grill in Ajax, Ontario    

                                        Feta and Tomato Fritata (with egg whites) also had fresh orange juice (delicious)


Spring Rolls                       Sui Mai - (Pork and Shrimp Dumplings)

                                                               Tango Mango with Chicken

Veggie Explosion Roll (Mango, Asparagus, avocado, topped with Sweet Potato Tempura)


Sorry for not the best quality pictures! Have a yummy Wednesday!
Linking up with:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, they make our day!