Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza with Whole Wheat Flax Crust

It is Tasty Tuesday!!!

Like I said last week I was going to share with you the yummy BBQ Chicken Pizza! The Dough was sooo delicious and healthier than other crusts, a whole wheat flax seed crust!  It is also a quick rise dough, so it only takes about 45 minutes to fully prepare!

Whole Wheat Flax Pizza Crust

1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
2 tbsp flax meal or ground flax seed
1 envelope Quick rising yeast (8 grams or 2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 cup warm water
2 tsp Olive oil
2 tsp Honey
1 tbsp Cornmeal (optional)

1. Combine both flours, flax, yeast, and salt in a bowl.
2. Combine water, oil, and honey in another bowl.  Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients.
3. Using a wooden spoon, mix until the dough forms a ball.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for approximately 2 minutes.
5. Spray a bowl with olive oil spray, place dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap
6. Let the dough rise for about 20 minutes until the dough as doubled its size.  (place in a warm place)
7. Spray pizza pan and if desired you can put the cornmeal on the pan.


BBQ Chicken Pizza

1/4 cup pizza sauce (I used tomato pasta sauce since that is all I had)
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (Bulls-eye is my personal favourite)
1 to 1 1/2 cup cooked sliced chicken (I used leftover grilled chicken) - About 2 chicken breasts
1 tsp Olive oil
1 onion (sliced)
1 red pepper (sliced)
1/4 cup green onion
2 tbsp chopped parsley.
1/2 to 1 cup Cheese of choice (I used marbled cheddar)

1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Combine 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce with the tomato sauce and spread on top of crust.
3.  If the chicken breasts are not cooked, grill them until cooked, and toss with the rest of the BBQ sauce.
4.  Heat oil in skillet and saute the onion and red pepper until softened.
5. Place chicken and veggies on pizza
6. Sprinkle on desired amount of cheese, green onions, and parsley.
7. Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.


We are linking up with Taste of Tuesday with Blissfully Miller and Let's Get Bananas.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Eek, I love your blog!!!

    This pizza looks delicious and doesn't seem too hard to pull together! I love ordering BBQ Chicken Pizza, but never thought of attempting at home - until now!! So glad you linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it!! and yes it was soo easy, I was kind of skeptical at first because I have never made homemade pizza crust by myself before. But this pizza is a for sure make again recipe :)

      Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Where were you yesterday? All I wanted was pizza and this one looks delish! Now that I know I can make it at home I will never be disapointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You for sure will have to try this one, it was extremely tasty :)

      Thank you for stopping by our blog!

      Delete
  3. Have I mentioned that BBQ chicken pizza is my absolute favorite thing in the world?! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely have to give this a try, it's very yummy :)

      Delete
  4. This looks so delish! I will have to try it, better than a greasy pizza from a store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very yummy and I loved that it was healthier than your normal pizza!

      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!