Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Foods

Top Ten Tuesday!

I hope everyone had an great Easter because I know I had one of the most amazing Easter. I went to my Aunt and Uncle`s and I am so glad because it was just as good as being home. I tried some amazing food this weekend because my Aunt is a phenomenal cook.  So I thought I would do Top Ten New Foods Tried this Year!

  1. Cedar Plank Salmon.  I have tried salmon before but never cedar planked and it was scrumptious. My Aunt seasoned and cooked it to perfection.
  2. Scallops.  My aunt made a fantastic soup, seafood chowder, with scallops, cod, lobster and shrimp.  I just started eating seafood more recently and I really enjoyed the taste of the scallops
  3. Fennel (vegetable). We roasted it!
  4. Calamari
  5. Homemade Multi-grain bread.  I have had homemade white and whole wheat bread, but this was multi-grain, which had tons of other grains in it.  I really think I don`t want to go back to store bought (Thanks to my Uncle :) )
  6. Pavlova. 1 word ... heavenly
  7. Pannekoeken (pan-a-kookin).  It is a dutch pancake that puffs up in the oven and we served it with apples.
  8. SUSHI! (I tried quite a few different rolls, even ones with raw fish like eel)
  9. Edamame. 
  10. Brussel Sprouts!

This is the pannekoeken!



HAPPY EASTER!!! Well Belated!

 


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Trying sushi= truly life-changing! I don`t know what I ate before I discovered sushi ;)

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never touch it before, but I wish I was courageous and tried it earlier because it is truly addicted and amazing!!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you
    an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    Also visit my blog :: best weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!