Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Live the Life you Love

Sometimes I get in these grooves where I just feel upset at everything.  I think I feel as if I have nothing exciting in my life and if I do have something to look forward to I feel as if it is way too far away.   Right now I am in the midst of finishing school, I have 6 weeks as of yesterday until I am done with all my classes and final exams.  My last day is April 29, which is coming up fast, but at the same time is quite far.  As much as I want it to fly by, it makes me nervous because of all those exams. Yesterday I was feeling in a sour mood and I could not figure out why. Nothing would help, until I went to dance class.  Dance always allows me to release all my emotions and bring me to a happy state.  Afterwards I realized I have so many happy things that happen in my life, so this mood I was in was unnecessary. I should be thinking of the happy moments and the little things that I have been presented with over this past week.

So here are all the happy moments throughout this past week.
1. My Mom came to visit me for over a week!  It was amazing to have her here with me. I actually did not her to leave.  As much as I love living with here with my friends, sometimes I do wish I could live with my family.
2.Being driven and picked up from school all week.  I never had to take the bus because my Mom drove.  It was so nice not having to wait in cold weather.
3.Taking a day trip to Michigan to go shopping at Target, Kohl's, Super Walmart, and a few others.  And then we went to Ruby Tuesdays, and I had amazing salmon and the delicious salad bar!

4. Going out for dinner and a few drink with my roommates and Mom.
5. Seeing my Uncle (also Godfather), since he was doing some work in London
6. Going Shopping with my Mommy :)
7. Buying some wonderful teas from Teavana, which I cannot wait to try !!!! And having a tea with Mom.

8. Getting David's Tea free tea on St. Patrick's Day for wearing green
9. Getting a beautiful new jacket!! I cannot wait to wear it.  It is so different and stylish, but also a jacket that I can wear for many years
10. Trying out a new restaurant called Michael on the Thames. It is a lovely fine dining restaurant downtown London and they actually specialize with table-side cooking.  We did not get our entrees table-side  but we did with our dessert. We ordered a Peach and Banana Flambe dessert.  It was simple and light, but so heavenly.  For our entrees we split two items, a veal and a halibut dish.  I loved the atmosphere, the food, and the staff. I will for sure be eating there again!

11. Going downtown to the market and trying the most amazing flavoured coffee.
12. Receiving the administrative director position on the Brescia University College Student Council
13. Going for breakfast at Cora's! So yummy


14. Just watching TV and catching up on our fave shows with my Mom.

This was basically a small recap of my week!  It was special and I was sad to have it end, especially when I had to drop my Mom off at the airport.  It went by quickly and I know that soon enough I will home with my family once again. But for now I am going to enjoy every minute and every day of my life.  Even if it is something small that makes me happy.  I challenge myself and all of you to do little things for yourself that make you happy and think of the good things in your life when you feel down!!


  Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Visiting via the Tea On Tuesday Hop. I now Follow on GFC. Have a Great Week!

    ~ Jill

    http://www.frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to take the time to stop and reflect and appreciate what I really have, which is so much more than a lot of people. Once I do that, my mood perks up quite a bit. :) Plus it looks like you've enjoyed great food over the last weeks! I'm getting hungry looking at your pictures!

    New follower on GFC from the Tea on Tuesday Hop. I'd love for you to check my blog out sometime! Have a great week!

    Heather from Mommy Only Has 2 Hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Looks like a very happy and exciting week :) I do this too, sometimes you just have to change your perspective and really look for the things that are going well in your life!

    Happy to be a new follower from the bloglovin' hop :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!