Thursday, March 21, 2013

Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs

With Easter soon approaching, flowers will begin to bloom, the snow will melt, bunny-shaped chocolate will be found in the stores, eggs will be dyed beautiful colours, and Easter egg hunts will planned.  Well I hope this happens soon! Easter makes me think of spring, but that means the snow needs to melt!!!  And every time the snow begins melt, the next day it snows again.

Easter brings along one of my personal favourite chocolates I look forward to every year, Cadbury Creme Eggs. As soon as the season is over, I am always sad to see them go from the stores. But I have found a recipe for homemade Creme Eggs that can be enjoyed all year round. And they are very delicious

Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
3 cups powdered sugar
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate (Can use any type of chocolate- milk, dark)
Yellow dye
  1. Mix together your corn syrup and butter. Then mix in the powdered sugar. It may become extremely sticky, so put the mixture in the fridge to firm it up.  
  2. Separate about 1/3 of the mixture into another bowl and dye it yellow to represent the yolk.
  3. Take the white mixture make bigger balls and the yellow mixture make smaller balls.  Place in the fridge.  Once they are firm, smash the white balls down flat, and wrap the white the “yolks”. Try to form it into egg shapes. 
  4. Once again, place them in the fridge to firm up before dipping them in the chocolate.
  5. Melt chocolate chips in a bowl over a pot of boiling water or in the microwave on low power. 
  6. Dip the eggs into the chocolate and place on a wax paper lined tray. 
  7. Place them in the freezer or fridge so they can set.























I hope you enjoy! 

What are your favourite Easter Candies? Do you have any Easter Traditions?

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What is this witchcraft! Creme eggs whenever I want them? Ooh, that sounds dangerous. I'd probably eat them for dinner at least twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moses, these look so good! Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for The Liebester Award. Head over to LandingOnLove.com for the details. I'm looking forward to reading your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Hi Lovely, I'm your newest follower from blog hop. Followed you via GFC. Love your awesome blog!

    Feel free to drop by, follow & leave me a comment @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    Love
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  4. heyy!! I just found you on the hop and you homemade my favorite holiday treat!! So glad to be your newest GFC follower and Bloglovin :)

    Daydreaming Realist

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to make these with my granddaughters. Thanks.
    I just stopped by from the "A Lovely Blog Hop" to spread some love. I'm glad I did. Following everywhere. :)
    http://dustykatt.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello darling! I really love your blog so I decided to follow u on GFC , hope u'll do the same
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!