Saturday, March 9, 2013

Broccoli Bites - Getting in the St. Paddy's Day Spirit!

Good Morning my Lovelies!!

I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend.  I feel Like it has taken forever to get to Saturday, but it is finally here!!  I thought since we are one week away from St. Paddy's day I would share this yummy recipe that has St. Patrick Spirit!  Broccoli Bites!!  Broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables and I have always wanted to try this recipe.  I found a few I liked and then modified them to create my own recipe!

Broccoli Bites

1 head of Broccoli (approx 3 cups)
1 egg
1/2 cup flour (I used  1/4 whole wheat and 1/4 cup all purpose)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese of choice (I used marble)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of salt 
1/4 tsp pepper
Olive oil 

  1. Cut the broccoli into chunks and cook/steam the broccoli until tender.  Once cooked, set aside to cool.  
  2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, flour, the cheeses, garlic, salt and pepper.  Mix well. 
  3. Add the slightly cooled broccoli and mash the broccoli.  (You can still have little chunks, it doesn't need to look like a puree.) Once mashed a little bit stir the rest together, so it is fully combined.  
  4. Heat oil in a large skillet. 
  5. Scoop 2 tbsp size mounds of the mix onto the pan and slightly flatten with a spoon.  
  6. Brown the cakes on both sides, around 3-4 minutes each. 
You can serve these just as is or with a dip.  I served mine with a lemon dill dip and they were to delicious.  







We are linking up with Six Sisters' Stuff for Strut your 

Stuff Saturday 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found you on Six Sisters' link up party. Broccoli is by far my favorite vegetable, and I think my 15 month old daughter would love this as well. I will definitely be trying this. Following via GFC :)

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!