Saturday, February 23, 2013

Safe Haven

Last night, I went to see the movie Safe Haven.  I wasn't sure if I had read the book, since I read too many books to keep track. Though my friend had bought the book for me for Christmas, so I knew when school would end I would pull it out for a rainy spring or summer day. I was not even sure what the movie was exactly about but I love romances, so it couldn't be that bad.  Right when the movie started and the characters were introduced (one in particular), I knew right then I had read the book.  It made me actually excited that I had read the book because it is always better to read the book beforehand. 

 I believe I read the book in the summer of 2010 and I remember it being one of my favourite novels.  I usually do not read Nicholas Spark's books, but this is one in particular caught my attention right from the start.

It is a story of love, hope, letting go, faith, and trust.  It is a touching story and makes you believe in love and appreciate the small things in life  The movie stayed fairly close to the novel, obviously with a few details that are slightly different.  During the movie I was engaged the the whole time and curious how everything would unfold. I would recommend for people to read the book and see the movie because they are both worth the time. 

This book and movie made me realize the importance of people in our lives and trusting them to be there for you.  Those who deeply care about you, no matter the consequences will be there and will help. I know I have a few friends and family who are this to me and I hope that my friends know that they can come to me to me for anything at anytime.  Having people in your life can create a safe place that you can come back to whenever. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. great post
    leila xx
    www.fairblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of the Nicholas Sparks movies are put together so well. This one was a favorite of mine, but I could never watch it by myself. I get too freaked out! Your blog is lovely.

    Xoxo,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! And they all are such tear jerkers! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!