Friday, February 1, 2013

High Five For Friday


Happy Happy Friday!
*Cue happy dance.  
This high five for friday is especially exciting because.. drum roll.. we survived a month of blogging! Okay, more like loved every minute of it.  Thank you to everyone who has left such supportive comments, to the kind and sweet bloggers that go out of their way to offer their advice and encouragement, and to everyone who takes the time to stop by (shout out to my brother, dad and boyfriend, who despite the fact of having no need to curl their hair, or discover new ways to wear coloured denim, stop by every day, you guys rock) .  It means so much! We are so excited to have you here at our own little place of the internet world. 

This week has also been especially lovely
1// discovering that I was oh so photogenic at the age of 2, and that I decided, as I still do, that I can touch the burning hot stove (see bandaid on my chubby little arm)
2// the biggest sock bun I have ever seen.  I'm trying here guys.  If you have any tips PLEASE send them my way
3// my guy. 
4// layering some of my favorite bracelets. a little overkill. still love it
5// the most delicious brownie my boyfriend picked up from a restaurant and surprised me with

I also got some great news that I was one of the recipients of an amazing research grant that I did NOT think I had any chance of getting.  I'll be working on cancer research in the summer and I couldn't be more excited.  When I got the email I cried. like a baby. it was too much for my emotion scale to handle.

We are linking up with Lauren of From my Grey desk cause she's amazing and duh its the best link up ever!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving your first month of blogging! I think that the first month is always the hardest - especially trying to get the hang of it and balance everything. You are doing an amazing job!!
    Love the pictures! I wish I could help you out with the sock bun.. but I am the worst person ever with hair.
    Humongous congratulations on getting the grant!! That is so amazing that you are going to be working on cancer research!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the sweetest! Thank you for the kind words, it's so amazing to be apart of the blogging community :) Have a wonderful Friday

      Delete
  2. stop it...you have to warn a girl before you post a beautiful brownie like that. :)

    happy friday! xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even lie and say it wasn't delicious! hehe happy Friday :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on "surviving" your first month of blogging!
    I love the sock bun. I donated my hair to locks of love in November so I no longer have long enough hair to do it ... but one day I will again! :) My trouble with the sock bun was that I usually ended up with more hair in the top section of the bun than the bottom section. No idea why.
    Also, there's no such thing as overkill with bracelets. I love all of them together - they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that trouble too! Oh well, I'll keep trying. That's amazing that you donated your hair, one day I'll have the guts to chop mine off.
      Happy Friday

      Delete
  4. nice to meet u really love ur post..
    If u would like we can follow each other and visit our blog , it will be a great pleasure for us to know ur view about our new blog....

    Hugs, http://laviestsuperbe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      your blog looks lovely, I just followed it. So cool that we now have blogging friends from Greece.
      Have a wonderful day

      Delete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!