Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be My Valentine - Thankful Thursday

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I always  loved Valentines Day when I was a child, mostly because I would wake up get a present from my parents and than go to school to have a party. What child wouldn't love presents, chocolate, no schoolwork and treats.  At school we would make heart shaped card holders so classmates could put our cards in them. I remember choosing cards out for my classmates (I always had to make a card for everyone) and how it was quite a dilemma picking out what card I should give for each person.

As I have gotten older, we do not have parties anymore but I still do receive a gift from my Mom and Dad.  I was actually quite surprised when I received a package in the mail, especially because I will be heading home on the 16th (YEAH!!!!!! Cannot wait).  I got a box of chocolates (Lindt - caramels) and a beautiful blouse. It truly made my day and was so grateful how my parents do small things like that for me.  That is why I am so thankful for my parents in my life.  They are always there for me and truly care for me.  I can always go talk to my family about whatever is bothering me and they know exactly what to say.
My Valentines Day Present!

My parents were my only Valentines this year, haha.  (No boys in the picture yet).  For some, that would be really hard to be single on a "couples" holiday, but you don't need to be with someone to make your life better.  Being single is good to learn how to be independent and learn more about yourself. And face it, everyday should be about showing your love to your loved ones, not just a holiday. But I am quite the sap for romance though so I will still always love this holiday.  So happy Valentines Day to everyone and if you do not have that special someone this year, maybe next year!  Your love will come when you are least expecting it, just be patient.  If you rush into relationships, you may not be ready.
Have a Beautiful Thankful Thursday and next time I talk to you all I will be home reunited with my family and my bestie Alea!!!!  
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy valentine's day. I hope you have a great day. I love the message in the second picture. Definitely a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!