Thursday, January 31, 2013

Letting that Sparkle Shine Through

Lately I have been trying to be more positive. One way to change my thoughts to positive ones is to think of  happy times and things I am thankful for. I continue to push myself to enjoy life more because it is a very precious thing that you do not want to waste away. Sometimes I just need reminders of what is and who are really important to me. Every day this week I have had something to be thankful for.

Thursday
I’m thankful for being able to take piano lessons 
Friday
I am thankful for having four amazing friends to go out with! (I am also thankful for getting a free burger and for the nice guy toasting the bun for me because he felt bad since it was so cold)
Saturday
I am thankful for being able to enjoy a nice meal out, vegetarian chimichangas
Sunday
I am thankful for my friend being there for me and walking with me at midnight so I could let out all my steam to her.  
And for those snowy days where it literally feels like a winter wonderland.
Monday
I am thankful for having a great relationship with my voice teacher.  She realizes that I am hard on myself and knows how to raise my spirits.
I am thankful for having people who make me laugh and smile.  I am not going to say names, but their presence always gets me happy!
Tuesday
I am thankful for having great workouts with my friend
I am thankful for being able to have more volunteer opportunities
Wednesday
I am thankful for my hot coffee in the morning.

These are just a few things and people that I am thankful for. It makes me realize I have so much and even though people may push me down I just need to think of what I do have. When I think back, this week was great, but I know there were a few rough patches. Those rough patches did frustrate me and I have dealt with them slightly, but not fully.  I am one who gets scared and backs down.  I never want to hurt others, so if someone is upset I usually try and adjust to their wishes. I think it is because I want to make everyone happy, but shouldn't I be doing things to make myself happy?? Obviously I do not want to be selfish and do things just for me, but my happiness is important too. Yes I should think before I do, but my actions should be for me as well. 

Jealousy is dangerous and can lead to people bringing you down and trying to control you.  This situation has happened to me recently. The worst part of it all is when I look back I did not do anything at all wrong I was just being myself.  After I was confronted I felt like I was supposed to change.  But I have come to the realization I shouldn't have to change how I act or what I do.  I should never feel scared about what others are thinking of me or my actions.

Having others in your life (for me it's my roommate Brianna and friend Alea) to help you organize your thoughts can give you the strength to not worry about others. Be strong and be yourself because this will help you become a stronger individual.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up to Thankful Thursday. I absolutely loved reading your post. You have truly been blessed with so many wonderful people in your life. Continue to be you, and know that it's okay if you can't please everyone all the time. Your closest friends & family members know how beautiful you are, and that's all that matters <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have people who'll lift you up when you're just not feelin' it?! I'm so glad you've surrounded yourself with good souls who tend to the spirit!

    Just found you today via the Black Tag Diaries party ... happy to sign on as GFC follower No. 34!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to know I have people there for me ! Thank you for stopping by :) I hope you enjoy our blog

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Thoroughly Thankful Thursday! It's always hard when being yourself doesn't sit well with others, but keep surrounding yourself with those who lift your spirits and help you stay positive! I admire your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling thankful for my coffee too! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate coffee, but it has become an addiction now! lol

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea for a post! Found you through the hop, I'll be following along!!

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Great post. I found you through the give a way.Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-goals-5.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!