Saturday, January 26, 2013

Headband Curls

I love playing with hair and trying new hairstyles out on my friends. I remember when I was a child, I wanted to become a hairdresser, but I soon realized that it was probably not something I wanted to do everyday. I love curling my hair, but I do not really like using heat on my hair because I do not want to damage it. So I came across this hair tutorial and I had to try it.  It is a way to have curly hair without heat = headband curls. It is similar to that of rollers, but doesn't take that much time and is much more comfortable to sleep on!  All you need is a thin headband. 


You put the headband on like a crown or hat and push the hair up a little to give yourself a little volume. Then  starting the front section (approx 1 inch) wrap it around the headband and pull it through and every time you bring the hair through again you grab more hair. You continue until all hair is wrapping fully through headband. I usually put a few pins in my hair so it stays really well. Then you sleep on it. Wake up in the morning, take it out and viola you have curly/wavy hair.

Curls right after took headband out.

When I first took it out it was quite curly, especially in the front, but once I let it sit, it relaxed. You may want to touch up some of the curls in the back because they are not as curly, but I left it as it was. I even got quite a few comments on it, so I think it is a winner if you want a wavy hair day.  
Later in the day once I let the curls relax
Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. I am hoping  to do a video tutorial of this in future to make this more understandable!
 Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. 1.) What a genius idea! 2.) Umm..Can I please have your hair?! Beautiful! :)

    (Following back from the blog hop!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you make this look too easy! I will give it a go but I'm not sure it would look as good, I tend to stick with the top knot! I am currently featured blog on the blog hop, would love a follow back http://beautylifeandbabies.blogspot.co.uk/ Kayleigh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'll have to try out the top knot! Can't wait to follow back!

      Delete
  3. That's a clever idea! But not something I could do, my hair is already curly and whenever I do something like that to it I end up looking like I have a brillo pad on top of head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog hopping - love the hair and adorable curls. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Quite the Blog Saturday blog hop! Loving your blog and this hair style tip. Anything I can do for volume without effort is a winner in my book. I'd love for you to stop by and say hi if you get the chance :) Have a great weekend!

    xo,
    Steph
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !!! Can't wait to stop by your blog

      Delete
  6. Such a great easy tip for folks with long hair, turn out really cute too. a new follower from the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. Would luv if you could stop by my blog as well.

    Anne Marie
    moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great style tip! I will definitely have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!